Saturday May 13, 2017
Cameroon Journal, Washington D.C – Another opportunity knocks at our doors. God is giving Anglophone Cameroon a second chance at choosing to redeem its heritage. We have another plebiscite before us and Dr. E.M.L Endeley, John Ngu Foncha, Solomon Tadeng Muna, Augustine Ngam Jua, Benard Fonlon, they are all right now spinning in their graves, and history is staring at us whether we will fail again as our ancestors did in 1961 or whether we will choose to remain Anglo-Saxon Cameroonians once and for all. But unlike the 1961 plebiscite where people literally went to the pools to make their minds known, the vote this time has nothing to do with the ballot; it has everything to do with this year’s GCE exams.
We are at a very critical moment in this struggle for the liberation of the Southern Cameroons. We call it a time of reckoning. A time that will determine how the struggle is henceforth pushed. It will equally determine the amount of energy, involvement and commitment that people, especially back home will be willing to put in going forward.
The Cameroon Journal is one last time, addressing the writing of this year’s GCE exams. We have gathered that of the over 180,000 candidates that were expected to register for this year’s exams, only a little over 40,000 students actually registered for it. Of the 40,000 who registered, over 90% of them did so from schools located in LRC territory, not from the Southern Cameroons. And of the remaining 10% that registered in the Southern Cameroons, 9% are Francophone students whose parents live and work in the Southern Cameroons for LRC.
Going by this account, we should not be fooled to think that LR officials are forcefully pushing for the exams to take place at all cost in our territory because they care about the education of our children. No they do not. What they want to achieve here is to make sure their Francophone children in our territory do not miss the exams. They careless about our children. If they did, they won’t have sent gendarmes and soldiers to arrest, rape, torture and kill them as they did in Buea and Bamenda.
It will be very unbecoming of us therefore to allow this exam to take place in our territory because it will legitimize the illegality of the exercise and make our yearlong school boycott a laughable adventure.
According to the timetable that has been published, practicals are scheduled to commence this Monday at centers that have been held in secrecy. The written part is also slated to start early next month. But it is very important we note that sitting for the written part is wholly contingent on the success of the practicals that are scheduled for Monday. This means should our forces be able to stop the practicals, your guess would be as good as ours – there will be no written part.
This is what is at stake – stopping the practicals and stopping the written part. LRC knows that the success we have attained so far has been largely due to our ability to keep the schools shut down across the Southern Cameroons. We see the success, they too see it, but they do not by any means acknowledge it. The challenge that we have NOW is crowning our successes in the school boycott with a complete sabotage of all attempts by this foreign country to organize the GCE for our children.
If we fail to totally sabotage the exams, imagine the drumbeats of celebration and beer pupping that will emerge from LRC and its propaganda machine, the CRTV. They will tell the whole world how the school year was such a success, crowned with a “hitch free” writing of the GCE exams. They will collectively refer to all of us Southern Cameroonians as terrorists who tried to sabotage the exams and the education of children in a territory they careless about.
On the other hand, should we succeed in sabotaging the exams, it did send a strong message to Younde that we are no longer taking instructions from them, nor are we being govern from there. The GCE must not be allowed to take place in the Southern Cameroons organized by a regime that cares less about the students sitting for the exams. Not even Francophone students in any part of the Northwest and Southwest should be allowed to sit for any form of exams. If their parents care about them, they can ferry them to LRC and have them sit for the exams there.
If you live in the neighborhood, watch and report or expose those Francophones who want to stealthily mask their children to go out and sit for the GCE. Catholic and Baptist schools that have been earmarked by the regime as centers for the excise should be raised to dust should they dare let in soldiers and students for the exams.
The army, the police and the gendarmes that are being sent out to occupy the exam centers are warned not to risk their lives. Southern Cameroonians are coming after them. This is a do, or die issue.