GCE Board Fire Incident Wasn’t Arson, Authorities Say

GCE Board head office in Buea
GCE Board head office in Buea

By Yusuf Issa, May 23, 2017


Cameroon Journal, Buea – A fire incident which turned out to be inconsequential broke out early yesterday at the head quarters of the General Certificate of Education Examination, GCE Board, in Buea.

The Cameroon Journal gathered from sources at the Wokoko-Buea office of the exams management body that it was not an act of arson as first reported.

Our source said the fire which was quickly put out by local security agents of a filling station opposite the board premises, erupted from a short circuit problem.

He said the only office room that was touched by the incident was the communications office of the board which lost some chairs and a few other items to the flames.




“There is no cause for alarm. It was a short circuit problem. We are thankful for the timely intervention by some security agents who quickly put out the fire. There was no major damage and it was not an act of arson like some people want to make the public to believe,” an authoritative source told the Cameroon Journal.

The fire incident comes at a time there has been a series of incidents of arson on public edifices in some towns across the North West and South West Regions stemming from the Anglophone crisis.

There have been recent fire incidents at the Bamenda food market, a primary school, part of which was constructed with financial aid from Japan and the Bamenda Women Empowerment Centre, are just a few.


 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comment Bellow

comments

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


7 + one =